Another interesting week of practice with my new camera! I'm going to share with you my progress as I figure out this fully manual craziness.
Friday, June 25, 2010
Yesterday, I had the sudden urge to fly somewhere I've never been. So I left work, and drove to Knoxville. If you know me then you know I've been to Knoxville. I was just picking up my bestie, because no one wants to travel alone. Stef and I drove to the airport and bought two round trip tickets to ICELAND. I know what you're thinking - that I had to work today and Iceland is on the other side of the world. But no worries. This is my daydream and I can make anything happen. When we arrived, we were surprised to find no ice at all. But instead beautiful green landscapes just begging to be discovered. After many fun-filled hours of Iceland adventures, we made it home just in time for work this morning. Must be why I'm so exhausted. Check out our pictures to see our amazing 'daycation'...
We climbed a mountain of snow!
We found the volcano!
We saw glaciers in the land of ice!
We argued whether Puffins were birds or penguins.
We found a cottage!
We rocked out in a green valley.
We got splashed by crazy whales!
We went hiking in our pajamas and couldn't stop laughing!
Then we hurried up and hit a bar on the way to the airport.
I hope you have a dream-filled weekend!
Monday, June 21, 2010
Oh film, how I love you so. The sunny weekend by the pool gave me the perfect opportunity to use my new camera. I'm still getting used to fully manual film. But it's fun to practice. I highly recommend checking out my summer snapshots with a very large frozen margarita. Cheers!
Thursday, June 17, 2010
1. I was eight years old when my parents made me sleep in the tub during Hurricane Andrew. All I wanted to do was look out the window, but they wouldn't let me for fear of something outside breaking through from the crazy wind. I've loved storms ever since. Someday, I want to ride along with storm trackers in the Midwest and hunt tornadoes. You can actually PAY to chase tornadoes. How cool is that.
2. I often crave being at a concert, standing in a sea of people. It's the only place in the world where I enjoy a crowd. And I've never met a crowd I can't push through.
3. I hope to finish a novel someday. Not just to be published, but just so I can say I finished something extraordinary. Sometimes I go to the bookstore, stare at the literature section and wonder what name I would publish under. If I were Kirsic, I would live next to Kerouac. But if I were Bird, I would live next to Austen. How amazing to be on the same shelf, next to those who have lived there for so long.
4. There is no better feeling in the world to me than when the captain turns off the fasten seatbelt sign.
5. I forever choose film over digital. There's just something about an actual film image that makes my heart skip a beat. Check out my new Diana F+ camera that I bought myself (happy Friday, Meg)!! I can now shoot with 120 film, and I even have a 35mm film adapter. Stay tuned for some oh-so-sweet pics!!
Monday, June 14, 2010
Two of my best friends became official on Facebook recently, and we all know that it's real when you update your relationship status for the world to see. I don't want to brag, but it quite possibly could have happened because of my meddling. They might deny it, but I meddled. Just like Monica meddled. And what came from that? Oh, Phoebe and Mike got married. Now I don't want to jinx anything, but I can already smell the Hawaiian flowers, the five star resort and the mai tais. Hello beach wedding. Stef (my fellow meddler) and I have been saying it since day one, it's gonna happen. So grab your flip flops and grass skirts, folks. The next stop is Maui!
Love you guys!