1. I was eight years old when my parents made me sleep in the tub during Hurricane Andrew. All I wanted to do was look out the window, but they wouldn't let me for fear of something outside breaking through from the crazy wind. I've loved storms ever since. Someday, I want to ride along with storm trackers in the Midwest and hunt tornadoes. You can actually PAY to chase tornadoes. How cool is that.
2. I often crave being at a concert, standing in a sea of people. It's the only place in the world where I enjoy a crowd. And I've never met a crowd I can't push through.
3. I hope to finish a novel someday. Not just to be published, but just so I can say I finished something extraordinary. Sometimes I go to the bookstore, stare at the literature section and wonder what name I would publish under. If I were Kirsic, I would live next to Kerouac. But if I were Bird, I would live next to Austen. How amazing to be on the same shelf, next to those who have lived there for so long.
4. There is no better feeling in the world to me than when the captain turns off the fasten seatbelt sign.
5. I forever choose film over digital. There's just something about an actual film image that makes my heart skip a beat. Check out my new Diana F+ camera that I bought myself (happy Friday, Meg)!! I can now shoot with 120 film, and I even have a 35mm film adapter. Stay tuned for some oh-so-sweet pics!!