Monday, December 6, 2010

but this feels like the first time.

Chad, my parents and I took a road trip to South Georgia this past weekend to visit with family. I'd been to that little town a dozen times before. It's small, barely on the map, and covered with sand in places where there should be grass. It almost feels like Florida, and even though it's not far from the border, there's something about it that's very Georgia. Maybe the smell or the cotton fields or the cracks in the pavement or the way the sun sets. This trip felt like the first time I'd been there, even though it's just been weeks since my last visit. I got to see more family than usual, which I'm thankful for. I spent more time outside, and Chad normally isn't with me. It's funny how the smallest details can make a place feel new. So here's to new experiences, or just making old ones feel like the first time. xo
 

1 comment: